Open Source Technologies
In today’s rapidly changing business environment, where cost and speed to market are both critical factors, open source technologies can play a key role in enabling organizations develop the right capabilities , they need to achieve high performance quickly at lower costs. Subjectory offers technology strategy and implementation services to optimize and accelerate the use of open-source based on a wide-ranging business and industry knowledge and deep technological expertise.
Although cost is factor for choosing open source, organizations can also benefit from improved software quality, reliability, security and feature sets that have led many decision makers to seriously using open source in the enterprise. Open source is now business alternative to proprietary software. Offering the capability to simplify the design, development and implementation of business critical applications, open source has now acquired centre-stage.
Free Software Revolution
The open source movement was the brainchild of the Free Software revolution that offered companies a chance to break free from the clutches of proprietary technologies and take charge of their own destinies. This free software revolution depended upon the ‘copy-lefting’ proposition that was quite unlike the copy-right proposition that ruled proprietary technologies. Under this system, anyone was able to make changes to the source code of software provided he or she was willing to share with the community, the changes made. This movement grew with the support of amateurs and professionals but for mission –critical applications, proprietary technologies were still the norm Subjectory offers the following strategy and delivery services for open source:
- Opportunity assessment by offering a structured strategic roadmap to help clients.
- Control and management of Open Source within the enterprise.
- Finding approaches and assets to replace proprietary technology with open source equivalents
- Focus on key areas that include : open virtualization and operations
- Speed up portal design and management of large information repositories
- Supports the publishing and management of large document repositories
- Develop effective and embedded product initiatives
- Developing functional open source applications for commoditized parts of the enterprise software space.
- Integration and custom development of mission –critical applications.
Modern Applications of Open Source technologies
One of the most popular recipients of open source technologies have been small merchants who have found these technologies very useful for powering their e-commerce businesses. It helps them to sell better at a lower cost and that too to a wider audience. CTO’s of companies have found that the possibility of malware in using open source technologies is down to zero and that they prove to be a very cost –effective proposition for companies that have not reached a certain critical mass in terms of revenues. Companies that are still struggling to find their feet in the market have no better option other than open source to run their business. And their experience of the whole process has been quite satisfactory. To know how open source can power your business and take you to the next level of growth talk to us today!